Monday, March 2, 2015

Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola

Tonight I played around with trying to make chocolate granola, but none of them came out tasting chocolaty enough. So, I decided instead to spruce up the peanut butter granola.

I took the original recipe (http://heelstohomecookedmeals.blogspot.com/2015/02/peanut-butter-granola.html) and when it came out of the oven I stirred in 1/2 a cup of chocolate chips. The warmth from the granola melted the chocolate chips all over the granola. Then let stand until the granola is cool and the chocolate hardens.

I think this granola is now the new favorite of the house. My youngest two children kept grabbing handfuls.

 
 
Another option to add chocolate to the peanut butter granola is to wait until it cools and then stir in chocolate chips. The chips will stay in one piece adding just a hint of flavor to each bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment